Any member can run a club trip. The conveners are there to give advice and offer assistance, so feel free to contact them.
… Here's how to do it.
1. Decide on the details, where you want to go, what activity, what time you will leave etc.
2. Write an email, including the following details
- Where and when you will meet. Club trips generally meet in the corner of Car park 6, or at the boat shed (i.e. paddling and mountain biking).
- What you will be doing.
- Fitness level/experience required e.g. Been to pool session or can ride a bike etc.
- If you require extra drivers/cars
- What people will need to bring eg. comfortable clothes, shoes, if gear is available for hire from the club
- If you are running a Mountain Biking trip, additional bikes can be hired by members from the Tools Library, located behind the Union Building
- Approximate cost (give an estimate of petrol costs, gear hire, camping fees etc. so people know approximately how much to expect to pay).
- Ask people to give you their mobile number.
3. Send email to ua.ude.ebortal|cmul#ua.ude.ebortal|cmul Note: this address is moderated, the email may not be sent out immediately Trips where specific skills are required (eg. Outdoor climbing, Caving, Kayaking etc) will need to get ticked off by the convenor before the email gets sent out- it will help if you are planning on running one of these trips if you have already talked to them).
4. When people respond to your email- reply, let them know if there is space, and give them extra details. Give them your mobile number (in case people are running late and need to let you know)
5. Organize any gear/maps you may need. If you do not have access to the gear store, the committee can help
6. On the day
- When you arrive at uni, check everyone has suitable equipment
- Have fun!