NOTE: Gear hire for non-club trips is currently unavailable due to COVID19. If you have gear to return, please email us or message our facebook page to arrange
Contact your Trip Leader or Gear store manager. The gear store is open once a week, times advertised by the email list if there is an opening planned. Tuesday evenings prior to Indoor Kayaking are generally the most reliable time to ask someone if they can open it (ie be organised!). Please make sure you have organised it in advance and don't just expect those kayaking to be able to help.
Over holiday periods the gear store will be open on an ad-hoc basis. Most of our volunteers will be out adventuring and not on campus so please ask as far in advance as possible to increase chances of someone being able to help you out! (no promises, but we will try!) We will make an extra effort to ensure gear store is opened for any club trips
Our gear room is inside the sports centre, turn left at the front desk and we are one of the random doors between the lift and the stairs
NOTE: You must return the gear to the club (not the sports centre front desk). Failure to abide by any of these rules may result in your deposit not being returned and being banned from hiring gear in the future
0.0 Gear cannot be booked in advance. It is available on first in best dressed basis upon gear store opening.
0 $20 deposit required for hire of 1 set of gear (eg. you want to hire 3 sleeping bags for a weekend, you will need to come with your 2 friends who are also members - Hire fee= $15 + $60 deposit). Please try and have correct change.
1. Members only, if you are not a member you must sign up first. If you are not a member and not planning to sign up, please don't ask to hire gear.
2. No LUMC member may hire club equipment for another person (1 set of gear pp.)
3. You must pay upfront
4. You must pay your hire fees online through our website.
5. Any gear damage, existing or otherwise, must be reported.
6. Only authorized people on the key list may access the gear store.
7. Any leader running a beginner trip is entitled to free gear hire, in any section. Free gear hire applies to nobody else.
8. Make sure all hired gear is returned in good condition (& dry!) and on time
9. If an item is damaged during its responsible use, you will not be charged a replacement/repair fee (at discretion of trip leaders/gear store manager) Be sure to inform the committee member opening gear store of any damaged or missing items before hiring or on return.
10. All hires will be recorded in the hiring book, whether at a cost or not.
11. Late returns will result in the hiring member paying extra to cover the period the gear is overdue.
12. No LUMC gear is to be taken overseas.
13. Only Trip leaders are allowed to reserve gear required to run their own trips. All other gear is available on first in, first served basis. Club trips have priority over gear for personal use. Hire of Climbing, Caving and Kayaking and Ski gear for personal use requires approval from the activity convenor. If you haven't been actively involved in the sport within the club (recently) and demonstrated safe use and care for the equipment, the answer will be no.
14. The Gear Hire Officer reserves the ultimate right to refuse hire, determine fees owed, and coordinate the operation of the LUMC Gear store at his or her discretion.
15. Trip leaders reserve the right to insist hire of gear if deemed necessary for the trip eg. hire a suitable bushwalking pack, or raincoat.
16. The club accepts no responsibility for ensuring the safety or quality of the equipment. This is the responsibility of the hiring member
These Terms and Conditions form the Gear hire policy for LUMC
LUMC has a library of books and magazines which is kept in the gearstore, and is freely available to all members who are thinking about running club trips. Books can be checked out like other gear (with a deposit paid). For personal use a $2/week fee applies. It is asked that guidebooks such as the Climbing and Bushwalking guide books not be checked out for more than 1 week at a time as they need to be available for club trips.
Check out what books are available
Weekend – Hire Thursday return by Tuesday
Week-Hire - return same day following week.
Deposit required for all loans No deposit, no hire (this will be returned to you when you return the gear clean dry and on time)
The club monitors and replaces equipment as required (assistance always appreciated!). Disposal of old equipment follows the following guidelines
- If the gear has an end of life date it is disposed of appropriately and will not be offered to members
- If gear can be repurposed for another activity within the club this should be done (eg torn foam mats cut for snow camping pads)
- In some situations where gear is still serviceable it is first disposal method is sale with members first priority.
- If it has no resale value then advertised as available to pick up for members as priority or will be binned/given to charity.
- Gear may be advertised to the general outdoors community if there is no interest from the membership
- Income from sale of old gear will be used for purchasing new equipment