Mountain Biking is one of the most enjoyable ways of to see the bush and to keep fit and active. You dont need to be super fit or have a $2000 bike to join in, a moderate level of fitness and reliable sturdy bike will do. (Oh and don't forget your sense of adventure!)
From leisurely rides in the bush near Melbourne, and five day cycle tours throughout the Victorian countryside, to the most insane, steep and rocky trails you can tackle on a mountain bike, we're interested in doing everything you can with a bike.
Day trips close to Melbourne are held more often, although there will be the occasional weekend or extended trip throughout the year, as well as a variety of multisport events involving cycling and mountain bike racing.
Where do we go?
- Yarra Trails
- Wombat State Forest
- You Yangs
What do I need?
- Mountain Bike and Helmet (You can hire one from our gear store or from the Tools Library - Located behind the Union Building)
- Comfortable clothes (no jeans)
- Water bottle or Hydration pack…preferably with water in them
Ideally at least one person in the group will have the following
- Spare tube or puncture repair kit (Handy when you get a flat)
- Bike Pump (Saves your lungs for steep climbs)
- Multi-tool, chain breaker, lube (In case you bike breaks a long way from the car)