Membership of the La Trobe University Mountaineering Club (LUMC) is open to anyone who supports the purposes of the club, though the majority of members are La Trobe students with the remainder staff or alumni of the university and a small number of members who aren't affiliated with La Trobe.
The key feature of joining LUMC is participating in the activity of your interest. We have day trips, weekend trips or soemtimes even longer. Enthusiastic members are encouraged to ask questions and gain the necessary skills to run their own trips.
Discounts available to LUMC members
You must sign up online, however if you need to do cash payment, this can be arranged. Of course we encourage you can come have a chat to us and signup in person at club events during the year. Most Tuesday nights, there will be members at the Sports Center Pool for an informal gathering and Kayaking in the pool; If you sign up online come along to a meeting to collect your membership card so you can receive club discounts.
The Purposes of LUMC are as follows
(1) To facilitate the involvement of the La Trobe University community in sport.
(2) Provide a friendly, social and affordable environment that encourages the enjoyment of, and participation in outdoor adventure sports
(3) To introduce people to outdoor adventure sports and advocate for and support outdoor adventure sports in the broader community
(4) Actively foster an inclusive environment that encourages the advancement of technical, organizational and leadership skills and provides the opportunity to increase the confidence of all club members
(5) To encourage an appreciation and respect of the natural environment
By joining the club all members agree that they will follow the club rules (constitution)